Classes are very small: the range is 3-10 (maximum) students. Students receive 17 hours of instruction. These classes are intensive and thorough. Students are assigned homework which is checked. Student progress is monitored carefully. Content: special attention is given to the reading, writing-language skills and mathematics portions of the SAT and PSAT and ACT as well as the English and Science parts of the ACT….plus the optional essay (SAT and ACT). The course includes a thorough review of math concepts, definitions, and skills. An individualized strategy is developed for each student. Effective reading techniques are taught. Semi-private classes also emphasize, grammar skills, essay writing, and confidence building. Please call or email Dr. Gagnon for fees and other details (410)442-1600, extension 1.
Space is very limited, so please register early.
SEMI-PRIVATE TUTORIAL SCHEDULES:
Tentative dates listed for upcoming Semi-private Tutorials (attend all dates):
SUMMER SEMI- PRIVATE TUTORIALS— 6 separate courses: Schedule is tentative- some sections may be full, so please e-mail Dr. Gagnon for information about space in class and registration procedure.
1) AM SECTION STARTING ON JULY 31: July 31, Aug. 1, 2, 3, 4…….8:30 am- 12:00 (MWF) and 9:00 am-noon (TTh)
2) PM Section starting on July 31 same dates, time is 12:30-4:00 (MWF) and 12:30-3:30 (TTh)
3) SECTION STARTING ON AUGUST 7: Aug. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (8:30 am – noon (MWF) and 9:00 am- noon (TTh)
NO PM section this week
4) AM SECTION STARTING ON AUGUST 14: Aug. 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (8:30-noon- MWF) and 9:00 am-noon (TTh)
5) PM SECTION STARTING ON AUGUST 14: same dates, time is 12:30-4:00 (MWF) and 12:30-3:30 (TTh)
6) AM SECTION STARTING ON AUGUST 21: Aug. 21, 22, 23, 24, 25……8:30 am- noon-(MWF) and 9:00 am- noon (TTh)
NO PM SECTION
We are currently registering students for summer tutorials. Tutorials tend to fill early: we can only accept a maximum of 10 students per tutoial. Please register soon to secure your space in class.
For more information or to register for the Semi-private Tutorial, please contact Dr. Martha Gagnon via e-mail at MartGagnon@aol.com. Space is very limited, so please register early.
*Sophomores and juniors–please order the Q + A Report (extra fee) for the May, October (only non-seniors).
No need to order Answer Report for March, June, November or December SAT.
Order the TIR – Test Information Release (test questions and your answers) for the December, April or June ACT.
Tutorials take place in Mt. Airy, Maryland.